It is so wonderful knowing that my retirement plan is coming early and I will be living in luxury like nobility. I just wish I started my retirement plan much earlier than now. I used to have the motto if I have money I could spend it, always need that instant gratification on something now, but I’ve learned its better to save on future experiences and investing in real estate. When I was 18 year of age I got a credit card, and with that came my little shopping addiction. Over time I have been able to curb it, but I think that was the hardiest vice of mine, sometimes it’s still a battle but I have much more discipline then before. My goal is to live the opulent life when I retire.
Here are some spectacular ways to invest into your future so you can retire in luxury early.
- Turning your everyday spare change into a IRA account: This is my all time favorite, its amazing to see your spare change turn into profit and invest into your future. In just three months it’s turned my everyday spare change into $350 dollars and everyday grows with profit. It’s an app called Acorns, this savvy little app does incredible things for you in so many ways, this is how it works:
Acorns helps you proactively invest. They round-up each of your transactions to the nearest dollar, and invest the change into a diversified portfolio. Simply connecting a credit card, or debit card and a checking account. They will automatically recommend a stock portfolio based on information like your age, time horizon, investment goals and the amount of risk you’re comfortable taking. Acorns offers a personalized investment portfolio, no account minimums, no commissions, and fractional investing—all in an app that makes it easy to fund your investment account. Whats really great is you can withdraw money from your Acorns account at any time. It only takes 5-7 business days to process before the funds become available into your checking account. So no need to worry about penalties taking out your money early like a traditional IRA would. sign-up up with this great app; Acorns and start investing your change into your future, you will be amazed on how fast it grows.
- Take advantage of your 401(k), most employers offer a 401(k) if yours doesn’t then it would behoove you to open one. Also a lot of companies offer matching programs for your 401(k) account, take full advantage of your company match, if offered. Check with your human resources department to find out if your employer offers matching 401(k) contributions, and if so, make sure you’re contributing enough to take full advantage of the match. If you don’t, you’re leaving “free” money out the window. Also make sure to refrain from taking any loans or distributions from your account, it just hurts your savings in the long run.
- Invest into Real Estate even if it’s a small condo, its great to become a landlord and even better to make a profit. The only downside is that you need to save up to put that 20% down, which may take some time, but it’s worth it in the long run. Eventually when you buy one, and rent it out for a year, it then becomes easier process to buy another property to rent that out too. Also remember the three rules of Real Estate; Location, Location, Location! When you know those rules, the value of the property always will increase.
- Land is also an option, since it can be a fraction of the price of a house, and you can buy a micro home to place on your land. The best micro-living house is a Tumbleweed house. They have the best options, payment plans, your able to customize, and they have amazing prices. The only downside is that land is harder to get a loan, and the value on land takes longer to increase.
- Spend less on things now. “No you don’t need another dress.”, and “No you don’t need an extra foam grande caramel cappuccino every morning.” If you need fancy coffee in the morning then invest into a Nespresso, and if you’re more of a coffee traditionalist then go for the Verismo.