Fashion with Designer Michael Costello
My modeling career started at the age of 13, when I was discovered by fashion designer, Michael Costello. One regular day at school I was walking to my dance class, and a man stopped to ask; “Do you have any modeling experience?”, I shyly replied “No Sorry” then started to walk away, abruptly he said; “Well I’m a Fashion Designer named, Michael Costello and I would love for you to model for my company”. From then on I gained experience in high fashion, couture modeling, runway modeling, ect. also lead to me being on talk shows, local news, commercials and magazines. I had the privilege to model for Michael Costello fashion well over ten years, here I share pictures of my modeling as well as the fabulous couture fashion.
- About Designer Michael Costello:
- Costello has been seen locally on a runway at The Gardens on El Paseo with the epitomizer of good taste, Tim Gunn, and chatting casually with the king of gowns, Bob Mackie, at Palm Springs Art Museums opening reception for a Richard Avedon exhibition. And hes bringing his talent for couture to the Big White Tent for his own runway show at Fashion Week El Paseo.
- In the most recent season 8 of iconic model Heidi Klums fashion competition, Palm Springs Michael Costello captured that distinction. Just missing the third slot for the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week finale in New York, he nevertheless made a name for himself beyond the East and West coasts. The future looks bright for the 27-year-old, who opened his first boutique in Palm Springs at the age of 15.
- At the age of 16, following a one-year internship with Mackie, Costello took a job designing clothes for Claires Collection, the design house responsible for gowns seen on red carpets at Emmy, Oscar, and Grammy award ceremonies; on Wheel of Fortune and The Price is Right; and in Miss America and Miss USA pageants.
- Even prior to Project Runway, Costello gained critical acclaim for his fashion creativity (Vogue included him in an article titled Los Angeles Hidden Talent). Celebrities whose reputations rely in part on looking stylish have sought him out. Toni Braxton, Paulina Rubio, Paris Hilton, Selma Hayek, Mary J. Blige, Nicole Richie, Celine Dion, Mya, and Livvi Franc have worn his designs.
- In 2009, Costello presented his first collection for LA Fashion Week at BOXeight Studios. Later that year, he auditioned for Season 8 of Lifetimes Project Runway. That show brought national attention to Palm Springs when Gunn and a production team visited Costello to see the collection hed created for the Fashion Week finale. And although his collection was not televised as part of the finale, it was shown on a Fashion Week runway at Lincoln Center. The next morning, Costello made the front page of The New York Times. In late 2010 and early this year, the young designer has been working on a resort collection that offers women effortless chic a concept that fits the desert resort communities like a couture design on a runway model.
- To Contact Michael Costello please visit website; http://www.michaelcostellocouture.com/