Turmeric has been used for centuries since the beauty benefits of turmeric were recognized in India. It is tradition that the night before the wedding turmeric paste is rubbed on the face and arms of the Bride. Apart from being in various Indian dishes, this spice has a wide range of uses in beauty. Turmeric is a natural inexpensive way to take care of your skin; its ant-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial properties help skin problems such as Acne to Eczema. In addition Turmeric helps brighten the skins complexion for a radiant glow, when indigested it purifies the blood, which in return helps skins ph. balance as well as texture. Turmeric contains powerful antioxidants to help fight free-radicals, which will give you healthy youthful skin.
- Turmeric for Acne: Turmeric face masks are very effective in treating acne. Mix some Turmeric with Sandalwood powder; apply it to your face. Leave on for Ten minutes, and then wash off.
- For a Turmeric Scrub; Mix turmeric powder with a few drops of mustard oil and lemon juice. Apply it directly on to your acne. Leave on for fifteen minutes and scrub gentle, and then wash off. Do this regiment three times every week.
- Turmeric to treat pigmentation: Mix Turmeric powder with Lemon juice, and Cucumber Juice. Then apply to you face, leave on for ten to 20 minutes. For best results do this regiment every day.
- Turmeric to treat wrinkles: Mix Turmeric powder with Sugarcane juice, then apply on to your face. Then add some buttermilk to more Turmeric powder and apply this paste around your eyes to eliminate wrinkles. Should be kept on for around twenty minutes and then washed off with cool water.
- Turmeric to treat cracked heels: If you are suffering from cracked heels, mix three spoons of Turmeric powder with a few drops of coconut oil. Apply this mixture on your heels for ten minutes before taking bath or shower. Do this regiment regularly till your heels are in good condition.
- Turmeric to treat dead skin cells: Mix some Gram Flour with Turmeric Powder, and Water until it becomes a thick paste. Apply this to your body then, scrub gently while you take bath. Do this regiment regularly to have radiant glowing skin.
- Turmeric to Heal & Smooth: Mix Turmeric powder with organic milk, then apply it to your face and lips. This will act as a natural cleanser. This also helps with chapped lips.
- Turmeric Mask: Mix a spoon of Turmeric powder with a spoon of Honey, and then apply this mask on your face to have beautiful skin.
- Turmeric to treat stretch marks: To avoid stretch marks apply a paste of Turmeric powder and water on the areas every day until desired results (Great during Pregnancy)
(Source of knowledge: makeupandbeauty.com/turmeric-skincare-benefits-top-five-indian-beauty-secrets)
Let me know if you found other uses for Tumeric. Your comments are deeply appreciated, Thank you!